For many of us in education the year starts in September and ends in June. Those are the times we see real changes. We actually finish things and start them. But there’s something special about a New Year too. It’s a fun time to look back at fluid changes in the year. And for many of us we have a little more time to reflect in January than we do in September or May too.
So here are a few of our highlights from 2013…
- In January we partnered with Blue Zones, an organization founded by researcher, explorer, New York Times bestselling author and National Geographic Fellow (and fellow Minnesotan!) Dan Buettner. It’s been a great partnership for us; it helps us encourage nutrition education and promotion at all ages!
- In March we celebrated National Nutrition Month. IN fact, 2013 Nutrition Month was our most successful yet! We’re looking forward to 2014!
- In June we celebrated MyPlate’s Birthday with new active MyPlate posters & handouts. It’s always fun to celebrate a birthday – seems like just yesterday MyPlate was a newborn!
- In August our Dry Erase Menu Boards win Stevie Award for Best New Product! Couldn’t be any prouder.
- In September we were named to the 2013 Prestigious Inc. 500 List of fastest growing companies. Wow!
- In November, we won 11 Health Information Awards. Also Melanie Nelson received the Silver Stevie Award for Female Entrepreneur of the Year
- In December Melanie Nelson donated $25,000 to support Educacion Poplar en Salud’ (EPES) capacity-building initiative with the Hope Foundation for African Women (FHAW) of Kenya.
- In our spare time we developed product line on nutrition for older adults that includes 143 new resources!
Whew – no wonder we’re tired, but energized!